True araucana splash rooster will ship!

19hhbelgian

Pigs DO Fly!!
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
New Tripoli PA
I have a splash 1 year old araucana rooster. He is rumpless, and carries the tufted gene (he is clean faced). I am selling him because he needs to be in a home with no other roosters, or a separate breeding pen with his own flock of girls. My boy is perfectly fine with people, I can pick him up and carry him around - he has never tried to peck me or do anything mean. I really hate to sell this boy, as he is good with the girls and is always on the look out for danger, and shows them every speck of food that he finds, he just isn't getting along with my marans roo, and I don't have a breeding pen set up for the araucanas yet, so I need to do the best thing for him & the rest of my chickens. He is breeding the girls, and is ready for his own flock
big_smile.png
I can take more pictures if wanted. Please ask any questions you may have! I will ship him (box included), or you may pick him up here at the farm.

27475_img_4425.jpg
27475_img_4428.jpg

LOL
Looks like this guy may come back to SC!! That is hilarious. Well, not for him. But it would be too funny for him to come back to live within 20 miles of where he was hatched.
Glad you could place him. He is a nice roo.

Quote:
Yeah, I hate to re-home him but it's best for everybody. I can't believe he might be that close to you - funny how things work!

I know but Pokey had asked for some chicks when I hatch some out so I am working on it and this guy won't be related to the chicks I hatch out so it will work out well. Just funny though!

We had the same thing happen with a Guinea Pig when we went up to PA last year to the Specialty in Lebenon. At the end of the show we decided to see what was left to buy in breeding stock and found a handsome boar we needed. Only to find out that the people selling it were friends that lived here in SC and we had bought the full sister from them about 6 months before. My DD had showed the sister to BIS so we naturally grabbed him up and brought him all the way BACK to SC. Must be something in ya'lls water up there! LOL Kidding!
It is just too strange but good outcomes. I know Ms. Pokey will give him a good home. She has a nice place. I went over last year and bought a nice Buff Orp hen from her. "Pinky" has been a good addition to our flock.

Back
Top Bottom