1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

True meaning of Easter

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MRNpoultry, Apr 14, 2009.

1. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    I am a little late posting this but hope it still means something to someone.

Everyone first off I want to tell you happy Easter. Hope everyone had a great day. Second I would like to remind everyone what Easter is really about. Easter ain’t just about going to your family’s house, eating a big dinner, or even going to church. Easter is about God sending his only son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins. This may not seem like much to some people. But if you think why would a perfect God send his only son to die for sinners. A perfect God sent his perfect son to die for you a in perfect sinner.

You may then ask yourself why did he just not make it in the begging that everyone has to worship him and can’t sin. If he made it were we couldn’t sin and had to worship him with out a choice, that would mean that we truly didn’t love God. We would just be obeying him because we didn’t have a chance not to obey him. God doesn’t want that he wants you to chose to love him not to be made to love him.

If you read the first few chapters of the bible, it talks about how God made the earth. God created the heavens and the earth and everthing on them. He made man and women. Everthing was perfect at first, but the serpent (Satan), tempted Eve to eat from the tree of good and evil and Adam eat from the tree too, which brought sin to the world. So you see from the begining God know that we would sin and already planned out how he was going to save us from our sins.

Back Before Jesus died for our sins the people in Israel offered sacrifice (animals, food, ect.) for there sins. So God would forgive them. God did forgive them but, every time they sinned they had to offer a sacrifice, to be forgave. Now since Jesus lived a perfect life and died sinless. If we ask God to forgive us, we are forgave forever! Since he is the perfect sacrifice. All you have to do to become saved is say to God and truly mean this with all your heart is say “Heavenly father, I know that I have sinned and done wrong. I have been a rebel, but now want to be in your family. I believe that you sent your only son to die for me. I ask for your forgiveness and for you to help me grow in my new faith and for me to be a servant for you. In Jesus name Amen!”

Now since you are saved that does not mean that you want sin anymore. But you will fell guilty and know that you have done wrong in God’s sight when you do sin. When you do sin all you have to do is ask for God forgiveness and repent of your sins and God will forgive you. I became saved when I was seven but truly didn’t understand. Now I am fourteen and understand this. I have sinned and have still fell short of the glory of God. But I ask for forgiveness and am forgave of my sins. I have always had a problem of doubting, but trust in God and he will never let you down. Hope this helps someone. If any one has questions or needs prayer pm or email me and I will be glad to try and help.

Your brother in Christ,
    Matt Newnam

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

AMEN!

3. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    I meant to post this on peoples windows on easter but I got to busy. Did everything sound right? I have thought about still putting this on peoples windows at the store, but I wanted to make sure everything made sense first.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You have a few typos in there but yes it read very well.

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Yep very good. And so true. That is the real reason for Easter. Thank you Jesus. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by