true texas a&m's

The 240lb all white meat coturnix quail is a chapter in "The Great White Quail" myth.

Moby Quail ??
gig.gif

The a&m's grow out QUICK,eat little when young, clean easy, & taste great . White meat? I would say light meat. most all I have seen has a SPOT of black on the back of there head . I say most not all. Very easy to raise tame bird.

I am not loooking for a white meat bird,I just like the looks and would like to have a pen full of all white birds

There is a fellow that used to sell mostly on ebay but now sells on eggbid too who claims to have the 'true' 'original' Texas A&M.

Someone on here recommended his birds awhile back.

"Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering quail; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou darn quail! Thus, I give up the spear!"

I'm working on bringing A&Ms back to what they are suppose to be. But this will be a long project. I have eggs coming from that ebay/eggbid seller in Tx next week. And mixing those with other selectively bred birds I should be on a good track!
cool.png

Awesome, Sam. How did your hatch turn out? I'm sorry if I asked that before. My texas AM's only hatched out 7. One is a midget, and a little bit "special" I might add. He will not make the final cut for the breeding project here. I have two of them who hatched out all white feathers. I am keeping them as they are the biggest.

Back
Top Bottom