try this new roofing material!!

Is this sold designated as roofing materiel?

It really doesn't sound like it would last. If you put a plastic bag out in the sun, in months it will become crumbly.

Sorry, it is called new wood. you can look it up at www.newwood.com they have a retailer list, but i can tell that it hasnt been updated in a long time. im sure you can email or call them to find a distributor near you. no, it does not rot fast at all. its very long lasting! its a 50/50 mix of reclaimed wood and 2000 bags to make 1 sheet.

I work for a building supply company, and I found a great product for roofing a chicken coop. It's called tru wood. It's sold by a company called lumber products. It is a 4x8 sheet that is 7/16" thick. It is made from a mix of reclaimed wood and recycled plastic shopping bags. It is water proof, flexible, and kinda cool looking!! My coop is a 4x8 so I used a sheet of this for the roof. I did not have to use any felt paper, shingles, or metal on the roof. I just screwed it down to the trusses and I was finished! No water leaks. And because it is made from 2000 plastic bags it doesn't ro or sun bleach!!! It is just about double the cost of regular waffer board so be prepared to pay a little more. But it handles nails, screws with no splitting, and you don't need to put anything over it so you save a ton!! Check it out! (No, I do not work for lumber products) I just found a product I had to tell you about!
Do you have a link for Tru Wood?

Back
Top Bottom