Try to buy your cans of PUMPKIN now

With sweet potatoes selling for 25¢/lb and several butternut squash I bought on sale, I don't have to care that the price of canned pumpkin in Colorado has almost doubled.

Next year... I will make a second attempt to grow my own... last year the ducks ate my supply as soon as they sprouted!!!
rant.gif

They mentioned months ago that there was going to be a shortage of canned pumpkin but not pumpkin pie filling. We think there is a big difference in taste. We bought the canned pumpkin when we could and now glad we did because our stores are all out.

I was at a Dollar General today and they are all cleaned out of Libby's. I didn't see any othe kind of pumkin there either.

last year the ducks ate my supply as soon as they sprouted!

Yeah, ducks are really helpful in the garden like that! LOL​

Quote:
Ours love them if cooked. I throw them in the microwave and then cut them into chunks. They seem too tough for the chickens if they're raw - some of the girls will still eat them, but most don't. Cooked ones get gobbled up in no time - and make their yolks dark and rich.

That explains it!!!

Last weekend I tried in two local Food Lion stores and the shelves were empty. When I went to Cambridge (MD) I stopped by the Food Lion there and they had plenty. Now I have 10 new cans...here comes my pumpkin bread after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom