Try to buy your cans of PUMPKIN now

joebryant

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 28, 2008
SW of Greenwood, INDIANA
Anne makes the best of pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. She was warned yesterday that all the stores in Indianapolis were out of canned pumpkin. She went to about a half dozen stores, and sure enough they were all sold out. She called a small store about 30 miles south of us that had two cans. She went and picked them up at 8 P.M. last night. Better buy it now if you can.

BTW, Marsh told Anne that they wouldn't be getting anymore until January.

Last edited:
That is so strange! Glad she found some.

I bought 2 Long Island Cheese pumpkins yesterday at a roadside stand. Our crop failed this year, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to make my pies the way I usually do. I wonder if big farmers had the same problems that we had with the pumpkin crop...

sad.png

we can start a canned pumkin network. let me know if you run out. I am in north carolina. I am sure we can work out a cans for eggs deal

cool.png

They said on our news last night that there is a shortage because of crops failing because of the rain. they said that Libbys was the one with the shortage, I do know that I paid 1.79 a can for our pumpkin but it wasnt libbys

Thanks for the heads up Joe. Glad Anne found some. I am actually going to can the only pumpkins we got from our garden this year. I hope to get it done this weekend! Let me know if you all need any more.

Last edited:
The Morton, IL pumpkin patch sucks! You can smell it when you drive by, it was rotting. With all that rain we had, some of the crops were gone. I've seen the canned pumpkins in the stores so we are not doing too bad. Must have been a reserved from last year that not too many people buy pumpkins. Libby's is the one that has the problems but the others from elsewhere are doing fine. I'd prefer Libbys the best, for flavor and long standing favorite in our family homemade pies and cakes.

I think the media has alot to do with the shortage. Buy 'em before you run out type of hype. If we are still getting canned pumpkins, then we are ok for now. Thanksgiving is the most we used in pumpkins.

Go figure!

True there does seem to be a real shortage, DW bought the last of our Thanksgiving dinner items and was able to get a few cans but she said she got some of the last ones on the shelf. The good news is there are 1 or 2 co's that are having problems with supply, but some of the off brands grow in other parts of the country and have plenty available.

AL

Back
Top Bottom