Trying again for the second time....

Prareedawn

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 27, 2012
Hi Im Dawn and I'm from northwest IN. In march we bought 3 Rhode Island red chicks and 3 buff orpington. We were smitten from day one. Our daughters 11 and 12 years old were in love as well. When they were 6 weeks old we put them outside in the awesome pen and coop my boyfriend built for them. They were doing great. friendly and lovable and happy.

Then sadly a couple weeks ago, our new dog, a husky, got into the coop and killed all 6. We were devastated. But determined to learn to raise chicks we embarked again. The dog who was recently given to us, has found a happy new family to live with and we bought 8 more chicks yesterday. Sadly one died in the evening yesterday. This can be heart wrenching. But the other 7 are doing great.

I just posted in the breed section because we are unsure of the breed of 4 of the chicks.

We are trying to learn to be more self sufficient and raising the chickens is a big goal for us in that journey.

I hope to learn a lot here.

:)
Dawn

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us. So sorry to hear about your losses
hugs.gif

Hello Dawn and :welcome

Sorry to hear things didn't go so well before, but best of luck from now on!!
Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :D

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! I like this site and m learning a lot! It in fact saved our chicks last time when we bought them cedar chips for bedding. I had no idea and thanks to this site we didnt use the cedar! hope to learn a lot more!
Dawn

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!  I like this site and m learning a lot!  It in fact saved our chicks last time when we bought them cedar chips for bedding. I had no idea and thanks to this site we didnt use the cedar!  hope to learn a lot more!
Dawn

:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom