Trying this again...breed?

bubra007

Songster
10 Years
May 5, 2009
Hello! I hatched these chicks from eggs I purchased from a guy selling them as eating eggs. I posted pics of the chicks right after they were hatched but it was too soon to tell what breed they were. They are 7 weeks old now. Can anyone tell what breed they might be? Thanks!

There's a couple cockerels but most look henny to me. I'd guess there's some mixed breeds in there but the one with the black in it looks like my deleware.

Depends on how well he kept his pens....if they were just running around...then they are all mixed breeds.

It does appear like a Delaware in the middle (white with black trim/ticking), several look like production reds.

The rest are homegrown mixes....with several roos....I count 4 roosters through the photos.

The red barred bird is a mix breed.

LofMc

Last edited:
I believe there all mixed..
I also believe that the "red barred" rooster in the front and the white bird that look something like a Delaware are very closely related if not siblings.

A nice mixed breed flock. I'm thinking there was either a white Rock or a Leghorn, and some barred birds, and some Red birds and they just played mix and match.

The bottom picture looks like an ISA Brown, which is a standard production breed. Pretty darn cute little chickies!

Back
Top Bottom