Trying to be prepared

bkwurth

Chirping
8 Years
9 Years
Jan 24, 2011
What kind of items or products do you keep on hand to be prepared for your chickens.
Are there medicines or any thing else (especially everyday products) that I should already have before my new chicks hatch?
Any and all advice is appreciated.
Thank you, Kathy

We pickup our chicks wednesday! Ive got a "brooder"- galvanized washtub with a cage-wire lid I made, a porcelain-socket clip-lamp with a red landscaping bulb, and an air thermometer that confirms the lamp shining into the tub makes it 95F plus inside.

waterer, feeder with the oval holes cut out (chicks climb on everything), and a pack of cheap papertowels (newspaper is too slippery and can give them splay-leg from doing the splits) and some fine pine bedding shreds once they get a little bigger, Medicated chick starter, I think thats mostly what we have stocked.....

Good luck

are they day olds? if so i use aquarium beads the first week in the waterer keeps them from a possible drowning as they are clumsy the first few days. I asl give them eletrolyte/vitamin water the first week then once a week for about 6 weeks. Seems to give them a little boost.

Back
Top Bottom