Hatching
Jun 22, 2016
#1 I believe this to be a black sexlink about 10 weeks

#2 Ameraucanas - about 10-12 weeks

#3 Lavender Orpington - about 9 weeks

middle on and to the right of that??

#4 Dominiques - about 9 weeks old - the darker one acts like a roo

#5 RIR - about 9 weeks old

#6 Ameraucana - about 10-12 weeks - definitely a roo, right?

We are new to the chicken world but are loving their personalities already. lol

Im fairly new to chickens also. I can tell you that your Lavender Orp looks like a roo. In the picture where you have both, one on right is a pullet, one in the middle is a roo. Your first two Easter Eggers pictured look like pullets. The red one looks like a roo. I'll let others comment on the other breeds. Good looking flock!

Last edited:
bsl pullet
two EE pullets
lav orp...cockerel, then cockerel and pullet
both the barred birds are males. The lighter one with the rose comb could be pure Dominique, the darker one with the straight comb is a mixed breed cockerel.
Your RIR and your last Easter egger are both cockerels.

never thought you'd spend time just staring at chickens, didja
lol.png

the're eerily addictive.

Having that many cockerels there will be a lot of fighting amongst the boys, right? Doesn't sound like fun. I thought I had all pullets but am pretty sure one of my Silkies is a rooster. Oh well, newbie didn't know Silkie's can't be sexed at birth like most other breeds of chicken. Let that be a warning to anyone looking at silkie chicks if you don't want /can't have a rooster buy the silkies when they're older.

Last edited:
Having that many cockerels there will be a lot of fighting amongst the boys, right? Doesn't sound like fun. I thought I had all pullets but am pretty sure one of my Silkies is a rooster. Oh well, newbie didn't know Silkie's can't be sexed at birth like most other breeds of chicken. Let that be a warning to anyone looking at silkie chicks if you don't want /can't have a rooster buy the silkies when they're older.

Vent sexing can be done at birth with any breed, but even the best aren't 100% accurate. It is not for beginners to do as you can easily harm a chick.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom