trying to fatten them up

i need some help on this is giving them some extra cracked corn okay for them? i dont want them to be unhealthy im going to get a few bags of feed today and i wanna know before hand if its not going to hurt them but put some extra fat on them. thank you

If they were mine and were of a healthy weight I would leave them be. Keep in mind that extra unneeded weight can cause severe health problems especially for the hens such as internal laying.

Hubby bought some rice bran for his deer feeder and I decided to try it on my birds and they all just loved it! It's high in fat and I also give them some of Rambo's dog food which is high in fat also and it's small nuggets. I mix it, some BOSS seeds and cracked corn together for my birds daily treat. They all can't wait for their afternoon treat, even the peafowl know when it is time for it LOL!

Quote:
Chickens are friends.. NOT FOOD....

(sorry - that made me think of Finding Nemo and that smart aleck just jumped right out!)

Quote:
Chickens are friends.. NOT FOOD....

(sorry - that made me think of Finding Nemo and that smart aleck just jumped right out!)

ya thats why i said lol cause thats what it reminded me of too.

hon your chickens will be just fine at that temp. they run hot all the time. like 106 or something. to give them more internal heat you can give them wheat I believe. Remember they have a winter coat on all the time. Hugs make them warmer too
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom