Trying to feed my chicken the lemon/cayenne mixture. How do you get it in the chicken?

Yes, that’s my plan, I was having trouble finding the Wazine 17 which it looks like is highly recommended on this site. The Safeguard is at Tractor Supply so I’ll give that a go.

Keep massaging the doughy crop if she handles it, it will allow her to process it better. Glad to hear she is improving.

Yesterday, I gave our flock their first dose of safeguard from this article . We had each eat separately so we knew they got their full dose.

After how many days past their first dose do you usually see a change in their behavior? I’m trying to set my expectations appropriately.

Additionally, do you recommend that I continue with the lemon-juice mixture? Her crop still felt full this morning.

Here are some photos if it helps. She’s the white Ameraucana in the middle. The others are busy in the dirt, but she more than she used to, mostly stands with her head tucked in a bit.

IMG_0901.png

This is a poop sample from her that I found this morning. She’s had one dose of Safeguard at this point.

IMG_0903.png

The dewormer is having an effect. She’s definitely more attentive today. Tomorrow morning will be Day 3 of the dewormer. Can’t wait for my feeding tubes to arrive so I can start treating the doughy crop more effectively. But so far, so good.

The dewormer is having an effect. She’s definitely more attentive today. Tomorrow morning will be Day 3 of the dewormer. Can’t wait for my feeding tubes to arrive so I can start treating the doughy crop more effectively. But so far, so good.
She’s still doing well. Her crop felt empty this morning, but this evening it was full again and felt doughy. Still waiting on my feeding tubes…

Back
Top Bottom