Trying to get family to get rid of their chickens and goats.

Good for them for trying to make a change.In the meantime they would be wise to follow the current laws and move the animals to a barn 300 feet from the neighbors. Our local law is 100 feet from a neighbors home. I would like to see it changed to 50,but I am happy that I can even have them on a small lot. If farm animals were not permitted I would probably move.

Hi there! That article was about my family!!! We are still here with our hens and goats. The city has not been back to bother us, and our neighbors, most of them, love that we are a farm with livestock. Some of them love to stop by with their kids/grandkids and let them see REAL live animals, something many children and even adults are not familiar with.

We are fixing up our house and land and plan on selling it in the near future. We are looking to move out of state and build our own homes from the materials the land itself offers up. We want to live off grid and not answer to city folk. We just want to live in peace and though we do (live in peace) for now, the threat of the city coming in and forcing us to get rid of our pets makes us want to protect them and live in peace, away from silly laws and attitudes.

If you know anyone wanting to buy an nice large house with 3 acres of land, send them my way!

Hi there! That article was about my family!!! We are still here with our hens and goats. The city has not been back to bother us, and our neighbors, most of them, love that we are a farm with livestock. Some of them love to stop by with their kids/grandkids and let them see REAL live animals, something many children and even adults are not familiar with.

We are fixing up our house and land and plan on selling it in the near future. We are looking to move out of state and build our own homes from the materials the land itself offers up. We want to live off grid and not answer to city folk. We just want to live in peace and though we do (live in peace) for now, the threat of the city coming in and forcing us to get rid of our pets makes us want to protect them and live in peace, away from silly laws and attitudes.

If you know anyone wanting to buy an nice large house with 3 acres of land, send them my way!
Good to hear you still have them! We're outside of the city. Everyone in my area has goats, horses, chickens, etc. Sometimes some get loose, but we as a community stick together and help each other - well, except for one family on the next street over. Bunch of snoots. lol One day I saw a horse, donkey and some goats walking down the street. What do we do? Help our neighbor! We don't call animal control. My community also is the home to many who have homing pigeons. Some of those pigeons' homes are nicer than mine!!! hahaha I hope you find a more peaceful place to live. I plan to remain self sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom