Trying to like the things my fiancee likes

he might mean well, humans are inclined to share what brings them joy with other people..

even though it doesn't bring you joy
I know he means well. In actuality, every movie I've presented to him of mine that I enjoy Ive preferenced it "now you may not like this but if you absolutely hate it we can shut it off and watch something else". It's rarely come to that. Most of the time he loves the movies Ive shared. I guess hes just trying to do the same thing but not allowing me the same courtesy

I feel you though. I could not watch RoboCop myself. I do not really get into those type movies at all. I think I had rather watch a Hallmark type movie. 🤣

I know he means well. In actuality, every movie I've presented to him of mine that I enjoy Ive preferenced it "now you may not like this but if you absolutely hate it we can shut it off and watch something else". It's rarely come to that. Most of the time he loves the movies Ive shared. I guess hes just trying to do the same thing but not allowing me the same courtesy
I should say one in particular I left on though he hated was one Id never seen before and LOVED. Its on our DVR and I watch it when hes not home because of how much he hates it: Lars and the Real Girl. That movie is so in depth on the character and how he progresses in his emotions and loneliness...its wonderful.

I should say one in particular I left on though he hated was one Id never seen before and LOVED. Its on our DVR and I watch it when hes not home because of how much he hates it: Lars and the Real Girl. That movie is so in depth on the character and how he progresses in his emotions and loneliness...its wonderful.
That is the one about the guy that falls in love with the adult toy doll. Yea, I could see him not liking that. I think I watched 2 minutes of it.

That is the one about the guy that falls in love with the adult toy doll. Yea, I could see him not liking that. I think I watched 2 minutes of it.
It is. Honestly I didnt think Id like it either. But the juxtaposition is based mostly on the family that is dealing with his obsession because he insists on her being considered alive. Ultimately with him essentially killing off his imaginary "friend" to make room in his life for a real one. Its great character development in a very twisted story that somehow leaves you trapped in the thick of it

Back
Top Bottom