TSC bantam assortment guessing game

I have silkies with single combs. Single combs, I tell ya.

Not that I show. Or care, really. But honestly... have some standards, Ideal!
I've seen instances of single-combed Silkies before, as well as Wyandottes with single combs, Sebrights with feathered legs, and the list goes on! :rolleyes:

Totally understand where you're coming from. Is it too much to ask, wishing our birds to at the very least look their breed? ;)

~Alex

I found that guessing assorted bantams is about the most fun I have had with chickens. These were hatched March 11th (on my 44th birthday!) however the larger one is likely from a previous flock 3 weeks older. Long story on how that happens with my set up but it does.View attachment 1353125
I am guessing I am looking at Black Tail White Japanese, Grey Japanese, behind them Wellsumer and Red Pyle Old English Game Bantam. You can see the feathers of a Golden Seabright or Gold Laced Wyandotte to the right... but he ran out of the picture in a hurry. The Ones I believe are Japanese Bantams tend to have more erect tails than you can see in this picture, the One I am guessing Welsumer on... I am really taking a wild guess on, I have 3 full sized Welsummer that are 3 weeks older who looked exactly the same. However that pattern could be on a different breed. I know I do not take the best pictures and do not expect people to be accurate when they chime in. These little guys are are impossible to catch and never sit still. But if there are any requests for specific shots on specific birds I might already have them or will go out and take more pictures. View attachment 1353145 here are the back ends of them as they run away when they see the camera. View attachment 1353150I have no idea what the 2 are front and center, They are 8 weeks old, can anyone tell me he name of the pattern? Is it mottled? The pictures are crappy for figuring out the breed but they are inside the coop and I wasn't going to disturb them just for a picture. And to grab them would mean kneeling down in a chicken run on a rainy day. Just knowing the name of the pattern would go a long way towards me figuring out the breed.
I’m on my first set of chicks from TSC also and new to raising so i had to do the same thing to get opinions. I was thinking about ordering a specific favorite breed the next time by I also really like playing the guessing game when I just go in and say “give me (however many) and mix them up”! I think it’s so exciting to see what they will look like once they’ve grown since the change is so drastic! Hope you get some you like!

Newchickymama, I love the guessing game with bantams. With larger chickens not so much because I might get stuck with a breed that eats me out of house and home and only lays a few eggs a week in summer. in about 4 months it will be time to hit Craigslist and find people willing to trade bantams so I can pair up roosters with hens and start breeding.

Back
Top Bottom