TSC bantam bin identification

He’s adorable! How old?
20240303_135623.jpg

This was taken on March 3rd when I brought them home, so a month I suppose haha

He is very cute! I'm hoping he will have a personality to match 😅 and very curious to see how his pattern looks once he's matured!
He looks like he might have a plumage color similar to a Buff Brahma. At least, that is from what I can tell, of course we cannot know what his feathers will look like until he replaces all of the down. Some cockerels stay with a sweet personality, most do not unfortunately, but I hope yours does!

He looks like he might have a plumage color similar to a Buff Brahma. At least, that is from what I can tell, of course we cannot know what his feathers will look like until he replaces all of the down. Some cockerels stay with a sweet personality, most do not unfortunately, but I hope yours does!
I have a pullet who looks like him but she looks like she's getting some speckles already, but we shall see. The colors seemed all over the place when i googled D' Uccle roos. I know the odds aren't exactly in my favor of him being sweet...I've always had good luck picking pullets until this year and now I have 3 different cockerals. Basically just crossing my fingers that one will have a decent temperament, if not they'll have to go:/

He looks like he might have a plumage color similar to a Buff Brahma. At least, that is from what I can tell, of course we cannot know what his feathers will look like until he replaces all of the down.
Buff Brahmas are Buff Columbian color.
Mille Fleur is Buff Columbian with mottling.

At that age, the two can look pretty much the same, because the mottling seems to become more obvious as they get older (more visible each time they molt, and they a number of few times while they are growing.)

Buff Brahmas are Buff Columbian color.
Mille Fleur is Buff Columbian with mottling.

At that age, the two can look pretty much the same, because the mottling seems to become more obvious as they get older (more visible each time they molt, and they a number of few times while they are growing.)
I see it now. I thought that maybe @Auma's chick was a d'Uccle that was not bred properly for its plumage variety.

I was not aware of that, I've been watching him closely as they are setup in my house still and ive been really excited to hear the crow. He's been eating and drinking normal, running around with the rest and starts peeping when I hold him or try to pick any of them up. As far as I can tell he has no signs of being in distress. I've seen him make the motion to crow only a few times but I have not heard a noise with it?
I've seen this happen with young cockerels too. They were fine just took a minute for their vocals to catch up 😊

I've seen this happen with young cockerels too. They were fine just took a minute for their vocals to catch up 😊
Whenever a chicken is opening its mouth and stretching its neck out, it is not trying to make any noise, rather it would be gasping for air like I explained. Pretty common to see, chickens can be fast eaters and get food stuck in their throat.

Back
Top Bottom