TSC Chick Days Are STARTING NEXT WEEK!!!!!

See now I may be over reacting. But come on!

My TSC finally got chicks, but all they knew about them was bantam pullets.

First, if you read their flyer...all bantams come in straight run only. And they have no clue to what breeds were mixed in the bin together.

I love TSC, but sometimes grrrrrrrrr....

wink.png
We still got 6. Going to be a surprise as to what we get.

Last edited:
Clarksville, TN had some today -not many to chose from, but the ladies working were VERY knowledgable. Had Australorps, EE's, Cornish Rocks, RIR, and ducks -that's it. Madisonville, KY Rural King got them yesterday, and they had a lot to chose from -even Lite Brahmas, Black Jersey Giants, and the cutest little baby bantams -among other popular breeds. The guy that orders them knows a lot about any kind of farm animal you can think of. The Rural King ones were very fat and healthy.

Never let someone else get your chicks.

The 6 my mother picked up for me are not bantams.

Called the store, bantams didn't survive the delivery delay.

So, I now have unknown large fowl chicks. HAHAHA

Hubby isn't going to be happy.

stefan333: I miss Clarksville (exit 11 rocks)!

Last edited:
I was talking about how I would like to have some arocaunas for blue eggs and the hubby actually got interested enough to talk about them with his coworkers yesterday. Hubby asked me what they were called again so I told him all the names EE's are called. His coworkers said they'd never heard of them so hubby said I could get some! Yay for me- hoping tsc gets them next week cuz it's a better chance of them being healthy. Guy that bought hatching eggs from me said he'd swap some EE eggs but I don't have incubator yet:-( hubby says what u want for valentine's day? An incubator!! Maybe one will show up mysteriously...til then tsc it is!

TSC stores in our area also got chicks in. I called the 4 closest and they all had something different. About 3 varieties each, but nothing exciting enough to lure me there...yet. I wish one had EEs. That would definitely tempt me.

Hubby and I have been looking forward to Chick Days for weeks! First shipment came in on the 11th... but our local store only had straight run Delawares and production pullets. We love our production hens, but don't really want any more and I'm not brave enough for straight run. Next nearest store had the same thing. BUT... new shipment comes in on the 20th, so we'll try again. Last year we lucked out and found one Blue Andalusian, which I would LOVE to have another of. I also might have fallen in love with a sweet khaki campbell duckling... hopefully they don't get another delivery of those, haha!

Oh boy, I checked with another fairly local tsc and guess what? Easter Eggers! I thought my husband would object but when I causality mentioned it, he didn't comment. I'm pretty sure lack of objection equals consent. But they are straight run and I sure don't have a clue how to tell them apart. I'm turning into a crazy chicken lady.

My friends and I have checked most of the TSC's around the tri cities TN. There are production reds, cornish rocks, light and dark brahmas, black jerseys, rir's and then some swedish and mallard ducks. Really? That's it? Last year they did much better as far as selection goes, this year they all seem to have the same., 4 stores in close driving distance from me and 1 more for an extended weekend drive for me. I'd love to see what they get in the bantams when they come in, my favorite hen is from last years batch, Freddy the white D'uccle.

My TSC always has tags on the bins the chicks are to identify the breed.If they have bantams though they just come as assorted bantams.They know what to do with them and such.They get theirs from mt.healthy and all the chick I have ever gotten from there have been really nice quaility.Mine dosent start till about march 31.

Back
Top Bottom