TSC Chick Days Are STARTING NEXT WEEK!!!!!

My friends and I have checked most of the TSC's around the tri cities TN. There are production reds, cornish rocks, light and dark brahmas, black jerseys, rir's and then some swedish and mallard ducks. Really? That's it? Last year they did much better as far as selection goes, this year they all seem to have the same., 4 stores in close driving distance from me and 1 more for an extended weekend drive for me. I'd love to see what they get in the bantams when they come in, my favorite hen is from last years batch, Freddy the white D'uccle.

You have a slightly better variety than SC. Reds, Cornish rocks, light brahmas, assorted bantams and just plain ducks. I found the EEs just over the state line in GA. Not that I need even one...

Ours got pushed back until 25th:-( they order from mt healthy. I wonder if tri cities area does too? Mt healthy doesn't sell anything unique- layers and meaties.

From what I gather, they get a new shipment every week with a different breed. So do not give up just yet! My store told me they will still get EE's and bantams FOR SURE and a surprise breed every week. Black Jersey Giants were the breed this week..

They have a lot of items made in the US, not sure if that's new.. but practically everything I have gotten from them is made in the US. I did see mealworm treats out of China. Why anyone would buy a food product from China is beyond me. Human or animal.

I'm hoping like crazy that my local TS  or feed mill will have EE's! I don't think I need another 15 chicks to meet the shipping requirements from a hatchery lol
Tell me about it! Lol, I was comparing prices for several hatcheries of all the breeds I want originally thinking I'd never come up with minimum requiements. The count quickly reached 80/85 chicks since most have u order no less than 5 of each breed. $300 and I'd have all the breeds I want until I see another one! Impulse buying at tsc keeps me from seeing the actual cost over time and u can mix the breeds for the 6 minimum:)

My friends and I have checked most of the TSC's around the tri cities TN. There are production reds, cornish rocks, light and dark brahmas, black jerseys, rir's and then some swedish and mallard ducks. Really? That's it? Last year they did much better as far as selection goes, this year they all seem to have the same., 4 stores in close driving distance from me and 1 more for an extended weekend drive for me. I'd love to see what they get in the bantams when they come in, my favorite hen is from last years batch, Freddy the white D'uccle.

Jealous...wanting brahmas so bad!

My TSC always has tags on the bins the chicks are to identify the breed.If they have bantams though they just come as assorted bantams.They know what to do with them and such.They get theirs from mt.healthy and all the chick I have ever gotten from there have been really nice quaility.Mine dosent start till about march 31.

hu.gif

Interesting...my TSC told me, ours were coming from Mexico. Probably why the northern state had less problems with shipping delays, then the southern states.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom