TSC Chick Days Are STARTING NEXT WEEK!!!!!

TSC in Mt. Airy has lots and lots of pullets, red and white, white Leghorns for a buck, mallard ducklings, and barred rocks (iirc) in the feed room. They had Swedish ducks, of course while I was out of town and my husband refused to let the kids buy more ducks.

I went into TSC to light a fire under my rear about getting my coop started. I was saddened to see that most of the chicks were only 3 or 4 of their breed left and that several were in the "sick" tank.

Every day I think more and more that I'm going with one of the local breeders.

We got our bantams from the Amarillo TSC on the 5th. I think they got them in the store on the 4th. Ours carry bantams, RIRs, Cornish, and some others. Plus some turkeys and ducks, and we can special order. From the looks of it, we got 2 Frizzles, 1 Mille Fleur d'Uccle, 1 Silkie and 1 EE or Speckled Sussex.

I got my 7 TSC chicks yesterday. I got 4 GSL's, 1 bantam and one that was in the pullet bin, but I don't know enough about chicken breeds to know what it is. They had plain ducks (one person bought all of them while I was there), RIR's, white leghorns, the GSL's, pullets and straight run bantams. All the bantams were the same; sort of black with some grey and white bellies. Some had feathered legs and I got one of those. The TSC worker thinks that she/he is a she, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! The bantam: (any idea on what kind it is?) The pullet that I would love some help identifying: GSL's: Actually one of the yellow chicks was also from the pullet bin, but it looks just like the other GSL's, so I guess she's probably a GSL too. These are my first chicks. I had to really restrain myself and not get more. :) They are very healthy and active. BTW, this was the TSC in Billings, MT. I had also been to the one in Laurel but they only had RIR's and production chicks. And they sold out really fast. Thanks! -Patti
The bantam is actually a cochin. Not sure bout the rest. I got four thinking they were silkies til I got home and counted toes.

Checked with my local TSC...they are going to keeping getting chicks until the end of April.

2 months now, and still no Brahmas at mine. I am still hopefully that they will get them in.

Ours in ct gets them in till end of April to,which is bad news for me because it becomes very addicting especially with the variety they get and it doesn't make it easier when there are 5 tsc's within a 35min drive!!!......

got our 8 for TSC in PA 2 leghorns, 2 SS and 4 red stars. all were pullets except for the SS's they were straight run.

foghorn

Pox

Drumstick

Omelet

Dumpling

Teriyaki

noodle

Nugget

Hope you enjoyed!!

Back
Top Bottom