TSC Chick Days

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by brbg7, Jan 22, 2016.

1. brbg7

brbg7 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2015
    Anyone know when TSC chick days are starting up for 2016? I know it's usually around Easter. Just not sure how soon to set up the brooder.

2. MedSchlFarmers

MedSchlFarmers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2016
    North Carolina
    Ours in North Carolina said the week before Easter.

3. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    The people who know when your local Tractor Supply store will have chicks work at your local Tractor Supply store. They are only a phone call away.

1 person likes this.
  4. Halloweengirl13

Halloweengirl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2013
    Valdosta Ga
    If you check their Facebook page they have the dates for a bunch of stores...mostly between the 15 and the 22 this month I think.the post started a fee years ago but they are still using it to update on chick days. Just ask about your store in the comments and they are pretty quick to respond

5. red horse ranch

red horse ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2014
    Buffalo Wyoming
    A TSC store here in Wyoming told me around the middle of February.

6. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    wow that's early!! ours in California is in the middle of April. I've asked if they would take a order for me so I could be sure to get the breeds I was looking for and they told me no. Then I asked if I could pay for and reserve some. They told me no.it was more or less first come first serve. Then I asked the date they get their shipment in so I could be there. They told me they were not sure... needless to say I was frustrated.I ended up going to the breeder then a hatchery with a small early order.maybe I talked to the wrong person but it left me beyond frustrated.

7. daryl68

daryl68 New Egg

Feb 4, 2016
    When is chick day in greenville tennessee

8. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Last year the chicks at the TSC in Billings, MT came in on March 1st. I talked to them last week and they said as far as they know they will keep that same schedule this year. We also have a brand new TSC in Cody that just opened in the summer, and I haven't spoken to them yet but the Billings store said as far as they knew the Cody store was on the same rotation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by