1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

TSC chick days!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by noitulover, Sep 21, 2009.

1. noitulover

noitulover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    Central Virginia
    is anyone else dying for March to come around?

and does anyone know if Southern States has a chick days? or any other feed store in VA?

2. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    We have it here in Ga. Im kinda scared. I hope to be working at TSC by then. My SO might make me quit if Im working there during chick days [​IMG]

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I think it might depend which Southern States you go to. I don't think the Midlo store does. In Powhatan, in addition to TSC, Hertzlers has chicks in the spring, I believe. And, of course, there are always the PCOV swaps.

4. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Yeah our TSC is an hour away, so I dont get to go often during chick days. I am planning on being there the first day and then a couple of other stops before it ends... I love it!

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Why do you have to wait for chick days? MPC has some 25-pullet specials going right now for $41.50 shipped. Your choice of BR, RIR, or rainbow egg-layers [​IMG]

6. noitulover

noitulover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    Central Virginia
    oh i don't really HAVE to wait for chick days... in fact, i normally order from MPC... however, it is SO convenient to hop in the car, drive under 10 minutes to the powhatan TSC, and scoop up some chicks!

everyone always talks about going to hertzler's... don't they clip their chickens' beaks?

and i'm always at the PCOV swaps at TSC in the parking lot! bought a lot of my flock there as well as a rabbit!

7. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    Who or what is MPC ?

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    MPC = MyPetChicken

9. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

I think its more fun to go hand-select your chickies out of those big barrels of fluff than it is to order them.

10. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I am not where I'm able to go to the PO at the drop of a hat. I like being able to select my chicks at my convenience. Last year I didn't know a thing and I got them grown up to laying! This next spring I'm SO ready!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by