TSC Chicks and more

Chicktastic

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
big_smile.png

I have been hearing about the TSC chicks. So I took a trip over there today.

I had to go and check it out. They had several different stock tanks full. Bantams, assorted straight run and pullets. So I picked out 6 of the pullets. What the heck, I figured they would make a nice addition to my flock!

They are red with chipmunk marks on their backs. TSC staff didn't know what they were. Any guesses?

Then I turned the corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ther was another stock tank. HMMMMMMMMMMM Self, I said, you'd better take a peek and see if there are any other chicks to buy. Maybe specialty breeds?? Nope, bunnies!!!!
I have never been tempted by the bunnies, ever. I had them as a kid and they just weren't my favorite pet. But this one little black lop hopped over to me. She looked up at me. OMG she was adorable!! My son came, he's no help at all, sooping over this rabit. He picks her up and she snuggles in his arms. I now own a bunny!!!!!!!!!!!
roll.png
hmm.png
lol.png

She is so incredibly sweet. We already have her settled in her cage. I doubt she will spend any time in there, though. Any suggestions on names?

Red Leghorns are chipmunk patterned as chicks. Were they skittish flighty little things?

If they are, they will be lousy pets but great layers. I found they are survivors too, and less likely to fall victim to predators than some of the more docile breeds.

Hi,

I just got some EE's (Easter Eggers) and they look like little chipmunks. Maybe that's what you got!

BTW, what is TSC? I live in Long Island, New York and I don't think we have one of those, whatever it is. We have Agway here, a feed and farm supply store. That's where I got my little "Chipmunks"!

Good luck with all of your new pets!
smile.png
Genie

Our TSC in Asheboro, NC have the same chicks you are talking about. They have a sign on them label as mixed reds. They all look exacly alike. Red with stripes down their back. I did not buy any because I have no clue what they are.

They also had another tank with a sign saying hatchery's choice egg laying pullets. They were all yellow. I figured their choice was white leghorns but who knows.

I did pick up 6 cornish rocks last week to see if I can handle raising meat chickens.

The mixed bantams were almost too much to turn down. I have more bantams that I need now. But it was tempting.

The bunnies were sold out. They were selling them for $14.99 each. I almost passed out when I saw that price. I thought bunnies sold for much less. I would about give my 2 rabbits away. My kids would hate me for it. They named the female Friendly rabbit and the buck Cookie rabbit.

Good luck with your new bunny.

Darin

You all are lucky you can get chicks right now. Our farm supply stores are having trouble getting chicks in and then when they do they are gone in no time. I managed to get some earlier in the season but now it's almost impossible. I guess their suppliers are having trouble with their hatches or something.

Back
Top Bottom