TSC Chicks ~ Tractor Supply Co

I got my first 8 chick and 2 ducks from the local TSC, and they were all very healthy. 7 (yes, that's SEVEN) of the 8 chicks i got from the pullet tub were roosters which I had to rehome. Everybody handles the chicks, and many don't pay attention to whether the chick they picked up came from the straight run or pullet tub. It is a good way to begin a flock since they have a good variety and you can get a small number, but if I were to do it again I would ask if I could pre - order a set number of pullets and pick them up as soon as they get them in. Our TSC is very friendly, and would do this and call me when they arrived. You can always ask, right?

TSC is a reputable place but find out before hand where they actually get their chicks from. Our local Agway gets chicks from Mt Healthy Hatchery and they advertise cheap chicks (as little as $0.50). That made me leary of buying from them and they didn't have a huge selection. McMurrayHatchery.com has a large selection, gives good descriptions of all of them, and also has MANY customer reviews of the chicks they received. I will be getting chicks from them. They have a 25 count minimum (30 for Banties) but I am going in on a batch with 2 other people. mypetchicken.com is great if you want just 3 or more and they are located here in CT. Check out what breeds they get too. If you want social birds, they may not have what you want. Figure out if your chicks are to be for pets/eggs/meat or a combination and ask what breeds TSC will be getting. Generally they only get about 5 or so different breeds. Have fun choosing!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Call up and ask them where they get them from...then tell them u want to add to their order...you can have them call you right when they come in and they'll even leave them in the shipping box if you tell them too...it's nice because you can get 2 or something for only $4 no shipping cost or 25 chick minimum. I have gotten mine this way several times, from Privett through the feed store.

I have gotten mine from TSC
and never had a problem but when Iasked where did they get their supply from I was told they didint know huh??
thats what I call a dumb cluck....LOL

I will try and check if they will take my order and deliver to my home.

Last edited:
WoW! Thanks for all the input.....we were just up to the TSC in Ludington & they use Mt. Healthy.

I have not checked out the other local stores to see where theirs are coming from. Probably the same.

thats where I got mine. They were just fine but I happened in just as they were being put in their tubs so they werent there very long. Some are straight run and some are pullets. I thought I picked out 3 roos and sure enough I did. I didnt want to have to order so many so it was ideal for me.

Back
Top Bottom