TSC Chicks ~ Tractor Supply Co

I bought 3 chicks from Orschelin's -- which is similar to TSC-- and they were fine. I believe that all the chicks were from hatcheries and they did have rabbits but they were from a local 4H kid.

It IS a good way to pick up just a few of another breed that you'd like to have w/out having to order. TSC may have a minimun order policy-- Orschelin's does.

Another idea: ask what day and about the time they get their shipments and go up then to look over what they have. My feed store had chicks coming in every week at noon on Wednesdays, and every week they had something different.

I bought chicks last year from Agway and they came from Mt. Healthy.

One died the next day, and the rest grew up quite healthy, although definitely not show quality birds in any way.

I hatched a group out Christmas week and I'll say the difference in what I see between the two groups health wise is amazing. The birds I hatched are 100 times more healthy, vibrant and active than the hatchery birds.

Maybe it had something to do with their transport. I did get them as soon as they arrived at the store (within the hour). If I went the hatchery route again I think I would drive and get them myself.

Quote:
We bought 3 pekin ducklings and some asst. chicks from there a few years ago. One of the pekins was crested and died suddenly when he was about 7 mths old. He was just playing with the other ducks and kicked over dead! My daughter saw the whole thing
sad.png

Anyhow, the rest are fantastic and we still have all of them. Now sure where they get them from around here (FL) but my local feed store is getting theirs from Mt. Healthy and my other feed store is getting theirs from Ideal.
We still have the chickens too. We got red sex links and black sex links. All healthy and great layers
smile.png

I got mine last year from TSC -- they were all healthy and and now giving me nice brown eggs. This year I bought from Rural King who now orders their chicks from Mt. Healthy. Although mine are suppose to arrive on Monday, I saw 2 Astrolorp's and a silver-laced Wyandotte that I thought should come home with me today. I'm hoping I have the same success as last year.

Quote:
Hey neighbor, I'm just up the road from you in Pendleton County! Are you a member of any of the poultry clubs in KY?

If not, check out the Bluegrass club, see our website here:

www.bluegrasspoultry.com

We're having Small Animal & Poultry Swap days starting this month, see the Swaps link on the website for details. Nice to see another Kentuckian here!

Cheers,

We got three Pekins last year from our local Tractor Supply.

One met with an unfortunate accident, but the other two are healthy and doing well, a year later. They are a hoot, and we've got a couple other ducks in the brooder to run with them once they've feathered out.

We will start shipping to our TSC stores today. The other two hatcheries that ship for them are Mt. Healthy and Privett. They will also start today. The southern stores start this week and the northern stores in 2 weeks. Each store will have a 6 week time frame to sell chicks and after that they will offer special orders that can be shipped to your home.

I also want to let you know that we have been notifying a lot of people that added their name to our website waiting list. We have probably notified about 200 people over the last 3 days. If you are looking for something go ahead and add your name to the wait list. We will call you when the item comes available and if you no longer want to place the order you do not have to.

Thanks for all your support,

Teri
Ideal Poultry

Back
Top Bottom