TSC Chicks.... Want a few more! Help!

When feeding tiny babies I crush the chick starter feed until it is like sand in size. Much easier for very smalls to eat it that way. After about a week I reduce my crushing efforts.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I will grind feed today, everyone seems to be doing okay as of last night. Snoozing half under their ecoglow. Do have to say there is nothing cuter than teeny tiny fluff butts tucked in for the night!

Well, up until yesterday I was able to keep myself from getting more babies. Tractor now has Polish Bantams which are my fave. I didn't buy any yesterday, but am getting my brooder set up to go get some today. Just don't want problems with the already existing chicks. Folly's Place says that Production Reds tend to be aggressive, I don't see that with mine, but I'm not a chicken. Lol. The current chicks are 5 weeks old, the new ones will go in their own brooder, once the older ones are moved out to the coop, I will have space to move the new babies into the bigger brooder. That's the plan.
So, is it an okay idea to put bantams with these Reds? There will be more than enough space in the new coop, but don't want anyone to be destined for a life of misery. If not bantams, what breed would be okay with my existing chicks?
I have production reds I bought from tractor supply last spring, they are not aggressive, they are sweet and actually are the ones that want me to pick them up

Back
Top Bottom