TSC Chicks

treekatie

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 12, 2010
Aiken Co., SC
My local TSC has straight run Buff Orpingtons, some production red pullets and a few Golden Laced Wyandotte pullets. I'd like to get a few of each has anyone had good/bad experiences with TSC sold chicks (I know they get them from someone's hatchery, they don't breed them in the back room) I'd like to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. Also, of these breeds are there any I should shy away from or get more of?

I'm not looking to show chickens, just some nice laying hens and a rooster. I don't have a problem with culling if need be with the straight runs. Thanks in advance for your thoughts/experiences.

If you just want a laying flock the chicks from TSC will serve you just fine.
smile.png

production reds lay really well, buffs are sweet. Gold laced wynadottes are very pretty , I know the TSC ones don't have proper lacing but they are still pretty.

This is the first year for me to get them from TSC (I usually order them from an independent feed store that gets them from Ideal). Two weeks down and both layers and meaties are doing well (cornish and an r.i.r. hybrid.

I got a great deal on some from them last year and they have turned out to be some of the best layers I have right now.

Back
Top Bottom