TSC Ducklings

Did they start black? They kinda look chocolate in the pictures. And sooo cute!
I have 17 Khaki Campbell ducks. They all started out chocolate colored, but never black.
Yours actually look a little darker than Khaki, but that could be a difference in lighting.

This picture is our only females' first hatch...all 14 of them! They are a couple days old in the pic.
Needless to say, she's no longer the only female.

Those look like mine :) I think they are beautiful. I was told they are Khaki Campbells. Mine stand up real tall already and are almost 3 weeks old.

I'm pretty sure they are Runners. Here's a picture of two of them. Look how they stand compared to the older Mallards. They also started out and have continued to be solid black.

Last edited:
Well I guess that means TSC doesn't know what they sell! Of course that doesn't shock me since most of the employees would say they sell ducks, chickens, and pullets lol.

That's true also. At my TSC there is only one duck bin which has all the different breeds. I wasn't there when the ducks were bought but the employee said they were Swedish. That would make more sense from TSC prospective because they don't list Runners on the special order form. I'm fine with Runners so not a problem. It's our first year raising chicks and ducks so I have a variety of breeds for both.

I bought the last two ducks in the brooders from TSC they looked lonely,thought they were khaki campbells the guy said he thought they were mallards and it turns out they a runners and look exactly like the ducks above,i guess they dont know what they get from the hatchery and need to be informed a lot more

Back
Top Bottom