TSC... Enough said :) (lots of pics)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DucksnDaffodils, Mar 7, 2013.

1. DucksnDaffodils

DucksnDaffodils Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2013
    Michigan
    I LOVE raising ducklings, and though I have an order in for a new breeding/laying flock, they aren't scheduled to arrive till the end of April!!! And I just couldn't wait till then so..... I began to watch our local Tractor Supply Co.
    I've bought runner ducklings there before, raised them then sold them at 8 weeks for pets laying ducks, etc.. Lets me have the fun of raising the babies, and allows other people who can't handle ducklings to get them nearly full grown. So I went into TSC right away when there Chick Days started, but the duckling have gone up in price from last year (4.80 a bird) so I decided to wait and see if they would have any discounts.
    Well, being the resourceful person that I am :) I had picked up the info last year that our TSC received it's shipments of Ducklings on Tuesday or Wednesday. So this past Monday I called the TSC and sweetly asked if they still had ducklings available.
    "Yes," came the reply, "in fact we have lots of them!"
    Quickly I followed up with the inquiry of price. "O, well, if you come into today the ducklings are on special."
    I held my breath hoping for a $1 but expecting $2, "Oh, they're 50 cents."
    I was floored.... I desperately tried to keep my head on straight and asked the last and most important question. "What breeds do you have?"
    Without missing a beat, she replied, "both Pekins and Runners."
    Needless to say, I was out the door as quick as possible. Promising my Mom I would only bring back 6 at max. We made it to TSC and I kept myself at a fast walk all the way to the bins. They were still packed!
    As I stood there leaning on the gate and staring down at the little fuzzy beaks, one of the workers walking by and hoping to make a sale said "Hey, if you buy 2 I'll give you 2 free!" Uhuh....

[​IMG]
    Yup, 25 cents each!!!!!!!!!! It was so hard to just pick out 6 of them ;)

[​IMG]
    So, we have Fritz (who is a little chubby for a runner :p ) and Freckles (he has the most markings on him, though its hard to see in this photo)

[​IMG]
    Vic, (who has a goofy face) and Val. Both of them refused to stand for their picture :)

[​IMG]
    And last but not least Penny (the smallest) and Pip!!

[​IMG]
    Sleep Val.... It's just SO hard being a duckling [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sweet little Penny.

[​IMG]
    Vic, So Happy!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And curious Pip.

LOVE these babies!! So happy I called and got them. [​IMG]

2. Cluckspert13

Cluckspert13 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2013
    Very very neat! I got two mallards from TSC and they are both growing too quickly!

3. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] so cute!

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. SiTran

SiTran Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2012
    Louisville, KY
    That's just awesome!

6. KBG204

KBG204 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2013
    Pasquotank County, NC
    Precious babies I wish I could have ducks, maybe some day lol

7. Carcajou

Carcajou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    [​IMG]

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

There better not be ducklings at my favorite feed store when I risk a trip there. I have almost learned not to buy chicks unless they are breeds I don't have AND want in my flock. This actually means there are some chicks which don't make my eye teeth hurt.

But ducklings....

I have a duckling factory in my Cayugas; they doubled the size of the duck flock with one hatching of 14 babies last year!

But ducklings... In a bin... With no momma.... And peeping... And looking up at me....

9. Valntyn

Valntyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2012
    Central Maine
    Congratulations! (*giggle* Vic is so cute!)

10. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Does anybody else think 2 of them look like geese?

I fell victim to the TSC ducks the other day as well. 5 blue Swedish [​IMG]I have ducks due in like 2 days, but I bought more anyway.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by