TSC labeled these as Salmon Faverolles

nelisx

In the Brooder
Sep 5, 2019
These 2 ladies will be my 5th and 6th hens and when I saw the chicks at the store I looked up the breed and it seemed like a great fit for my backyard flock.

After bringing them home and doing more research, I am certain these are not Faverolles. 4 toes, no feathers on legs or feet.

Best I can tell they are White Leghorns. I attached a photo. Anxious to figure out the breed, just so I know. Love the little girls! Athena and Amellia.

They are a little over a week old in this photo (today!).

Thanks!
Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 10.15.26 PM.png

that would not be ideal since i do not plan to eat these girls. thanks for the guess... seems pretty likely.
Also not ideal because if you don't eat them, Broilers/Cornish X usually don't live more than a few months before most start to kick the bucket from broken legs, heart problems and most is caused by over eating. If they start putting on weight to rapidly, you may have to limit how much you allow them to eat each day. As young as they are now it's hard to tell what breed they are. They could be leghorns or one of many other white breeds. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that they are not CX. Good luck! :fl

Not Favorelles for sure. Going to have to wait it out to find out what breed and sex they are. Don't go getting to attached if you can't keep roosters. They are just as likely to be cockerels as pullets.
i was assuming they were at least pullets since they were labelled as such, but i guess you have a good point. is there anything in the photo that would make you think they could be roos?

Back
Top Bottom