TSC Mystery Chicken.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AlmostMartha, Aug 5, 2013.

1. AlmostMartha

AlmostMartha Hatching

Jun 12, 2013
    Southern MN
    We got our chicks from Tractor Supply back in April. They had the brahmas labeled, but not the white chickens. I was hoping I would be able to figure out their breed on my own, but my google-fu has failed me.

They're about 16 weeks old now and it is driving me mad that I don't know what they are.

[​IMG]This one appears to be a splash variety (we thought she was perpetually dirty at first!) she's got 4 or 5 dark brown marks on her wings/back that originally looked like someone pooped on her!

I struggled to get a decent shot, we had just moved them to the newly completed permanent run and they were running around enjoying the extra space!

They're mostly white, with creamy to ivory heads/necks, and a few have ivory across their breast.
    Any idea what they might be?

I live in MN, so I'm guessing that they would stock a cold hearty bird since our winters can be pretty fierce, if that might help narrow down choices.

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Free Ranging

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Not seeing any marks, I was thinking leghorns. Probably an egg hybrid based on leghorns.
    The austra-white hybrid from Cackle has those black spots.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: