TSC now sells bulk feed by Mail

Around here it’s $15.99 for a 50 pound bag of layer pellets, that is for both the Purina and the Nutrena. The Purina Layena Plus Omega 3 one is $16.99 for 40 pounds. Purina Flock Raiser is $18.49 for 50 pounds. Idk why that one is so much more. Nutrena’s version, All Flock is only $14.99 but it is 40 pounds. Starter/Grower of both brands is more expensive ($18.99 medicated Purina, $17.99 Nutrena, both 50 lbs) as is Feather Fixer. Nutrena meatbird crumble $14.99 40 lbs. Nutrena NatureWise Hearty Hen Layer Pellet is $15.99 for 40 pounds. I like it because it is higher protein than other layer feeds (18% instead of 16%) and it is soy free. That said, I switched to Poulin Grain over a year ago because our local feed store stopped carrying Nutrena and switched to Poulin and TSC did not carry Hearty Hen at the time, they mostly carried Purina, Dumor, and a few select Nutrena products. A few months ago they started carrying more Nutrena products. So now I sometimes feed that again. But it is kind of expensive since it is only 40 pounds. I really like the Poulin though. I don’t know if it is available near you because it is made locally but the people at the feed store told me that their Egg Production Plus feed was similar to, if not better than, the Hearty Hen I was feeding before, so I switched over. And I do like it. It is soy free and I think 18% protein just like the Hearty Hen and it comes in 50 pound bags instead of 40. It comes in crumblets so in between crumbles and pellets, kinda like mini pellets. And the girls seem to do well on it. They do have just a regular layer feed but I like the fact that it is soy free and higher protein. I think I pay about $16 at the feed store, I think maybe a little bit more. I will have to look at the receipt from last time I got it. I got those other exact prices from the TSC website (I had an idea of cost but wasn’t exactly sure). But I think it’s fairly reasonable and it takes the girls a while to go through it. I may need to switch to something a little cheaper when I get my 5 new chicks in the spring but for now it works great. Mine don’t free range very often but they don’t eat that much feed either. I have been trying to let them free range more though. Maybe you have a local feed mill or small feed store somewhere nearby? Oh and in winter when they are not laying I feed Purina Flock Raiser because too much calcium is bad for non laying birds and of course roos and even though I love Nutrena, I think the Purina version of the flock raiser/all flock type feed is a better formula than Nutrena. Higher protein and slightly less calcium and some other stuff I just like better. But when they start laying again, I feed either Nutrena NatureWise Hearty Hen Layer Pellets or I feed Poulin Grain Egg Production Plus. Or sometimes I mix it up from bag to bag. They don’t seem to mind.

Around here it’s $15.99 for a 50 pound bag of layer pellets, that is for both the Purina and the Nutrena. The Purina Layena Plus Omega 3 one is $16.99 for 40 pounds. Purina Flock Raiser is $18.49 for 50 pounds. Idk why that one is so much more. Nutrena’s version, All Flock is only $14.99 but it is 40 pounds. Starter/Grower of both brands is more expensive ($18.99 medicated Purina, $17.99 Nutrena, both 50 lbs) as is Feather Fixer. Nutrena meatbird crumble $14.99 40 lbs. Nutrena NatureWise Hearty Hen Layer Pellet is $15.99 for 40 pounds. I like it because it is higher protein than other layer feeds (18% instead of 16%) and it is soy free. That said, I switched to Poulin Grain over a year ago because our local feed store stopped carrying Nutrena and switched to Poulin and TSC did not carry Hearty Hen at the time, they mostly carried Purina, Dumor, and a few select Nutrena products. A few months ago they started carrying more Nutrena products. So now I sometimes feed that again. But it is kind of expensive since it is only 40 pounds. I really like the Poulin though. I don’t know if it is available near you because it is made locally but the people at the feed store told me that their Egg Production Plus feed was similar to, if not better than, the Hearty Hen I was feeding before, so I switched over. And I do like it. It is soy free and I think 18% protein just like the Hearty Hen and it comes in 50 pound bags instead of 40. It comes in crumblets so in between crumbles and pellets, kinda like mini pellets. And the girls seem to do well on it. They do have just a regular layer feed but I like the fact that it is soy free and higher protein. I think I pay about $16 at the feed store, I think maybe a little bit more. I will have to look at the receipt from last time I got it. I got those other exact prices from the TSC website (I had an idea of cost but wasn’t exactly sure). But I think it’s fairly reasonable and it takes the girls a while to go through it. I may need to switch to something a little cheaper when I get my 5 new chicks in the spring but for now it works great. Mine don’t free range very often but they don’t eat that much feed either. I have been trying to let them free range more though. Maybe you have a local feed mill or small feed store somewhere nearby? Oh and in winter when they are not laying I feed Purina Flock Raiser because too much calcium is bad for non laying birds and of course roos and even though I love Nutrena, I think the Purina version of the flock raiser/all flock type feed is a better formula than Nutrena. Higher protein and slightly less calcium and some other stuff I just like better. But when they start laying again, I feed either Nutrena NatureWise Hearty Hen Layer Pellets or I feed Poulin Grain Egg Production Plus. Or sometimes I mix it up from bag to bag. They don’t seem to mind.
Thanks so much!

We do not have Poulin here sadly. It sounds like a very good feed!

I need to get game bird feed now too since I have 12 quail. Luckily they do not go through it too quickly. I have bee getting the dumor gamebird starter but will need to switch soon. They may start laying eggs in a couple of weeks.

I am getting very excited for Quail eggs!

Thanks so much!

We do not have Poulin here sadly. It sounds like a very good feed!

I need to get game bird feed now too since I have 12 quail. Luckily they do not go through it too quickly. I have bee getting the dumor gamebird starter but will need to switch soon. They may start laying eggs in a couple of weeks.

I am getting very excited for Quail eggs!

Sorry that probably wasn’t very helpful for your location!!

I think some of the pet stores carry chicken food now too but it is probably expensive. You can also order some food online I think so you could always check there. You would probably have to pay shipping but I ordered feed online once and it was pretty reasonable from what I remember.

And that’s unfortunate! It definitely is a good brand!! Maybe you have something similar? Any mills nearby?

Does Dumor have game bird feed for older game birds or just the starter? What kind of quail do you have? I have been considering getting quail but not sure if I will or not.

I bet!! They are so pretty and probably taste great too! Tiny though lol

Sorry that probably wasn’t very helpful for your location!!

I think some of the pet stores carry chicken food now too but it is probably expensive. You can also order some food online I think so you could always check there. You would probably have to pay shipping but I ordered feed online once and it was pretty reasonable from what I remember.

And that’s unfortunate! It definitely is a good brand!! Maybe you have something similar? Any mills nearby?

Does Dumor have game bird feed for older game birds or just the starter? What kind of quail do you have? I have been considering getting quail but not sure if I will or not.

I bet!! They are so pretty and probably taste great too! Tiny though lol
I will check on the gamebird feed for older birds when this bag runs out. The brand that @casportpony suggested does have one and it is not too far to the local store that sells it.

Often a feed store will not carry the entire line and you have to have them order it in. One place would not order because of a pallet requirement though

Glad I don't feed organic.

The Flock Raiser is more expensive because it has more protein, and that's more expensive than the other grains.

Thanks, that makes sense! Didn’t think about that ha

I will check on the gamebird feed for older birds when this bag runs out. The brand that @casportpony suggested does have one and it is not too far to the local store that sells it.

Often a feed store will not carry the entire line and you have to have them order it in. One place would not order because of a pallet requirement though

Oh that’s good then!!

And yeah, TSC used to be like that with Nutrena. They only carried a few of their foods but now they carry more of them.

Yes! Great explanation about why higher protein feeds cost more.

X2 I should have realized the higher protein would cost more but for some reason didn’t lol

I suggest that you make your own feed, it will be way cheaper, and you can find ration formulation software online for free, trust me you will save lots of money.

Back
Top Bottom