TSC Sells Ships Chicks?!? Hoover's Hatchery (dropships)

Pics
Ok, am I just late to the game?

Did everyone but me know that Tractor Supply sells / ships chicks?

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/catalog/live-birds?cm_sp=LP-_-Chick+Days-_-Live+Birds

I've never even heard of this hatchery.

Anybody have experience with TSC or Hoover's Hatchery?

I confess I'm late to the game. I knew you could buy chicks in store or order in store but just last week I was looking to place an online order to pick up in store and ... chicks came up in the search :oops:. I did. I ordered 10 Lavender Orpington for a new breeding project. My mother (mind you I am 56 years old and she lives on my property) said "MORE?!" when I arrived from the post office with a box of peeping little adorables.

Who can resist 10 Lavender Orpington chicks shipped for $59. Tell me, who????

I called Hoover Hatchery cause I'd never ordered from them and asked them to vaccinate for Marek's after I placed my spontaneous order. They did it for free. Less than a week after my order, I picked up my 10 healthy Lavender Orpingtons. ♥

One of the reviews said they had received 8 cockerels and only 2 pullets. I asked Hoover's about that since the chicks are only offered unsexed (not "straight run" which I found strange but I don't know much). They told me they didn't attempt to sex these chicks. No reason given. So not sure about that. Other breeds were offered straight run/ female/male but not these. SO we shall see.

I confess I'm late to the game. I knew you could buy chicks in store or order in store but just last week I was looking to place an online order to pick up in store and ... chicks came up in the search :oops:. I did. I ordered 10 Lavender Orpington for a new breeding project. My mother (mind you I am 56 years old and she lives on my property) said "MORE?!" when I arrived from the post office with a box of peeping little adorables.

Who can resist 10 Lavender Orpington chicks shipped for $59. Tell me, who????

I called Hoover Hatchery cause I'd never ordered from them and asked them to vaccinate for Marek's after I placed my spontaneous order. They did it for free. Less than a week after my order, I picked up my 10 healthy Lavender Orpingtons. ♥

One of the reviews said they had received 8 cockerels and only 2 pullets. I asked Hoover's about that since the chicks are only offered unsexed (not "straight run" which I found strange but I don't know much). They told me they didn't attempt to sex these chicks. No reason given. So not sure about that. Other breeds were offered straight run/ female/male but not these. SO we shall see.

I wanted to do that deal, but when I finally had room, they were out if stock XD

I wanted to do that deal, but when I finally had room, they were out if stock XD
Try again if you have space now. This was just last Sunday. Hoover Hatchery has them out of stock online but TSC had them offered online. I thought I'd have to wait a while but they shipped Wednesday and chicks arrive yesterday (Friday). I had to order another Brinsea eco glow to accommodate them. I've never had so many eggs hatching and so many chicks in the brooder. Setting up an additional brooder for my Araucana eggs due to hatch Tuesday.

Last edited:
Try again if you have space now. This was just last Sunday. Hoover Hatchery has them out of stock online but TSC had them offered online. I thought I'd have to wait a while but they shipped Wednesday and chicks arrive yesterday (Friday). I had to order another Brinsea eco glow to accommodate them. I've never had so many eggs hatching and so many chicks in the brooder. Setting up an additional brooder for my Araucana eggs due to hatch Tuesday.
I have to wait til I build my brooding shed. Apparently in not allowed to raise chicks in the basement anymore

Great pic!!! Definitely will have your hands full soon!!!
Already do but I love my hens. One of the plymouth rocks has had a crush on me since she was a chick. She flies up on my back while I am watering them and preens my hair.
FCAB1391-7EF4-4B7B-8698-B129AE04986F.jpeg
F34D4709-C44F-4489-9392-A4327A804BA3.jpeg

I will agree about quality lacking sometimes. I purchased 2 "Silver Laced Wyandottes" in early July. Well... They definitely aren't. They seem like a mash up of Golden Laced Wyandottes and Blue Red Laced. Coloring of both. Lacing is mostly nice though, it's just strange. They're still pretty. One of my Golden Comets has random black splashes/drips on the feathers. There's no defined pattern to the black, just appears like black was flicked on like a splatter of paint.

Yes, TSC does take orders for chicks to be delivered to your door, like any of the hatcheries do. And they use the same hatcheries. My local TSC has had chicks delivered from Meyer Hatchery as well as McMurray Hatchery, too. Whoever has the best deal is who they order from, according to my local TSC's management, whom I talk to on a first-name basis, regularly. We have been doing business since they opened, so we know each other well.

Hoover's sells to TSC. McMurray doesn't.

Ok, am I just late to the game?

Did everyone but me know that Tractor Supply sells / ships chicks?

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/catalog/live-birds?cm_sp=LP-_-Chick+Days-_-Live+Birds

I've never even heard of this hatchery.

Anybody have experience with TSC or Hoover's Hatchery?
I actually ordered my Easter Eggers from Tractor Supply and they come from Hoover's Hatchery and they are all very healthy they let you know when they ship and the price if you go through Tractor Supply is less expensive than if you go through the hatchery it's self. I would recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom