TSC to sell Purina feed. Your Opinion requested.

I feed Southern States, Nutrena and Dumor, depending on which feed store is open when I'm out of feed. My birds gobble it down regardless!
smile.png

i changed over to purina brand feed for quail first and i saw a difference the birds grew out faster and layed bigger eggs. i dont know but i switched all my birds chickens and pigeons turkeys to purina brand feed i think my birds are healthyer on it .

Hi, we've used Purina since we started with chickens almost 2 years ago. Chick Starter until around 18 wks old and the Layena. The Flock Raiser is also a good product. We've been very happy with the Purina line.
Would definitely recommend at least trying it.
smile.png

I have used Purina exclusively since I got my RIR's this past May and have had good success with it. My birds started laying at 24 weeks (about 2 weeks ago) and the eggs have been outstanding. I have 12 hens and right now they are 10-12 eggs a day. I've had only two eggs with very thin shells and figure that was because the birds were young first time layers. It may be a little more expensive than another food. I'm paying 13.50 for a 50 lb. bag but it's worth it to me. My chickens appear to be very healthy and content.

Hope this helps you.

We have used Dumor and purina both and we have noticed a big difference in the egg production, health and preference of the chickens.
Purina is what we choose. More eggs, healthier birds, grow better, and the birds like the purina better. We have used the Wild game brooder/layer, the starter, the flock raiser and now the broiler feed. We noticed too, that purina does not become powdery like the dumor either.
Wonder if TSC will be same priced as the local feed mills???????

Last edited:
I feed Purina Flock Raiser only. I feed it to my quail, my layers, guineas when I had them . I usually start chicks off with 1 bag of medicated Start and Grow but after that is gone, Flock Raiser. I give crushed oyster shell free choice. My Black sexies are about 8lbs and my male Bobwhites are just under a pound!!

I am not sure if Dumor is manufactured by Purnina but companies will sometimes do that. Does anyone have a Dumor bag they can check the tag on in the fine print milled at or dist. by.

I have had great success with Purina Layena. Nice big eggs and they lay more consistent. I tried the dumor once before and my chickens would hardly eat it.

I priced layena yesterday at TSC and they were $1 higher than the other feed stores around here.

Back
Top Bottom