Tucker Milling NatureCrest pork source?

May 21, 2022
Tennessee
TIL my TM Nature’s crest chicken feed’s major source of protein is pork. (When I had read it in the past I saw fish meal & thought that was the case.)

Well, according to the person who clued me in that, TM isn’t forth coming about their sourcing of the pork (porcine).

Has anyone looked into it?

My concern is that if the pigs are being fed corn/soy/gmo food; that is in their meat & will transfer into the chicken feed.

Attachments

• 836AC54D-3385-4C4E-A810-3F0A81B53D3C.jpeg
    836AC54D-3385-4C4E-A810-3F0A81B53D3C.jpeg
    677.7 KB · Views: 32
Tucker Milling's NatureCrest claims it is GMO free. It does not claim that the pigs used to produce the blood and bone meal used were not fed corn or soy, nor does it claim to be organic.

It is entirely possible that their pigs ate non-organic and even gmo corn products.

What is your concern? With few exceptions, compounds present in what the pigs eat do not transfer unchanged into the pig, what does transfers in small quantity, and most of that is then broken down further and excreted.

Tucker Milling's NatureCrest claims it is GMO free. It does not claim that the pigs used to produce the blood and bone meal used were not fed corn or soy, nor does it claim to be organic.

It is entirely possible that their pigs ate non-organic and even gmo corn products.

What is your concern? With few exceptions, compounds present in what the pigs eat do not transfer unchanged into the pig, what does transfers in small quantity, and most of that is then broken down further and excreted.
A GMO raised pig, still has health concerns that shouldn’t be used in an advertised non-gmo feed. Because technically it is not gmo-free.

I never said they were organic though. I know they aren’t.

But with them not being forthcoming on their sources definitely leads me to believer they’re hiding that info.

Being a person who suffers from food allergies, I can attest to the fact that the research process rests on your shoulders if you want to get actual answers.

I can not have any corn or soy in my diet.
I can feed it to our birds if I have to, based on availability, but I do my best to avoid doing so.
I have to call manufacturers often to find out what they are using when labels are
.....lacking

It’s a PITA but I’ve found it to be the only solution (calling, waiting on hold, often needing a call back....)
Good luck on resolving your issue- and please keep us posted so we know the answer to the question!

A GMO raised pig, still has health concerns that shouldn’t be used in an advertised non-gmo feed. Because technically it is not gmo-free.

I never said they were organic though. I know they aren’t.

But with them not being forthcoming on their sources definitely leads me to believer they’re hiding that info.
Technically, it is. It has not been modified.

You may disagree as to the definitions, that's fine, but it satisfies the labelling requirements. Technically.

at some point, one has to simply accept that the risks are "minimal enough" - the only guarantee in life is that none of us get out of it alive.

Back
Top Bottom