TULSA area Cluckers

My blacks are from Cecil Moore line. I just added the blacks recently so they are young birds and haven't started laying yet but I can't wait.

I love my black orps. They have the most personality. I am working on getting mine up to show quality. Mine are part Cecil Moore and part Korfus. It is always nice to know some one else with Black Orps. Seems like they are few and far between.

I am so bummed. We came home this evening and some dogs got in our yard and killed many of our chickens:( We found 3 in the coop alive, 1 injured under a lawn mower, 1 missing and the rest dead:( Looks like we lost 4 or 5 - the missing one was my favorite FBCM. I try not to become attached, but it is hard when you have just a few. Guess I am going to have to get some babies now. We have a dozen eggs that I was going to sell for hatching eggs. Now, I might need to find someone with an incubator and hatch them instead. Not sure what to do at this point... Just so bummed...

:( Sorry about that. Hey I'm not too far from you and I just fired up my little incubator today for some extra eggs- I could slip yours in if you could get them to me in the next day or two! Just send me a PM!

Rinda

I am so sorry to hear that. That is a tragic thing to come home too! We too had a dog get in our yard last year.

We live with a park/green belt right behind us. We were cleaning up rocks out of the front beds, and taking them by wagon to the creek behind us, so our back gate was open. A lady was walking her dog, and let him off the leash, and of course he got in our yard and tore through the chicken wire and got my Golden Lace Dotte and a few other chickens.

I was so mad, and the owner didn't think it was a big deal, because we left our gate open. HELLO there are LEASH LAWS!!!!!

This new chicken coop will have plywood surrounding around the bottom, and a hot wire running around the bottom to help discourage that from happening again.

Back
Top Bottom