Turken Roo to silkie hen for showgirls is this mix possible?

I am not the person to ask, I am afraid. I ask those questions myself, as I wish to support my small county fair. as far as I can tell, the only chicken shows around her - or poultry I should say - are either kids/4H or from the bantam club.
The poster above said they are a breed, I am sure there is a show for them - somewhere.....
Thank you very much I will continue looking into this. And lol trying to find the poster.

I have a turken roo and four silkie hens. Can I eventually hatch out showgirls. I don't know or understand the genetics of this mix. I still have found the right book for Dummies on it either. If anyone has experience PLEASE share.
I have access to silkie roo and turken hens..... what should I do?
I ad this same question. My concern is the size difference between NN roo and Silkie Hen.

I ad this same question. My concern is the size difference between NN roo and Silkie Hen.
I eventually split my nn roo from the silkies. And my silkies from my nn hen they just weren't happy with that exchange. So for now I'm keeping nn with nn and silkie with silkies. I ordered some showgirl hatching eggs in hopes I get a showgirl to add to our flock.

I believe you can show White showgirls in apa shows, but they have to match silkies in every way but their necks.

Certain 4H shows let you show them, but some are incredibly strict about what is and isn't allowed to be entered

Thank you so much everyone for this thread !!
I have Turken lineage I would love to mix with Silkies to see if I get some pretty showgirls and guys.
this helped me understand how that might work out

Back
Top Bottom