Turkey advice

Mazy1561

Chirping
Aug 18, 2019
I’m new on here and in need of some turkey advice. My Tom is 2 years old and has his head down. Took him to vet but they don’t deal with them. He gave him a shot for respiratory infection and gave me some spray for bugs he found on him. He’s alert and will stand and move around the coop. He is eating a bit and drinking a bit but still has head down. No other problems except for head down. Any advice would be appreciated

Lice can really get a bird down. Did the vet give you instructions on usage? You'll have to treat both the bird and the coop. And you'll need to retreat both the coop and bird I think 10 days later. @Wyorp Rock can you offer thoughts?

I cleaned coop out and put new shavings and straw down. He’s moving around coop but not sure if eating or drinking today. Had a bit of food yesterday and touch of diarrhea. Could be from meds. Don’t see any bugs on him right now. Will look at me when I go into coop and make some “cooing “ noises. Just keeping him quiet. When he lays down head is straight out

Redoing coup then spraying. Also have chickens and ducks in with him. All got sprayed yesterday. Checking on him all the time and he’s laying down. Any idea of recovery time? Appreciate the help

Back
Top Bottom