Tom has been a little off

Newbie here, so I am following lots of threads, especially illness-related! My six mixed heritage poults just passed the 3 week mark and are all doing well, but I want to avoid any problems. The take-away here, then, it seems, is that there WAS an electrolyte issue, since the tom is now feeling better after plain water. Am I correct in that assumption?
In other words: plain fresh water in adequate quantities available always. Right?

Newbie here, so I am following lots of threads, especially illness-related! My six mixed heritage poults just passed the 3 week mark and are all doing well, but I want to avoid any problems. The take-away here, then, it seems, is that there WAS an electrolyte issue, since the tom is now feeling better after plain water. Am I correct in that assumption?
In other words: plain fresh water in adequate quantities available always. Right?
Well. Yes. Unless you have to treat something like coccidiosis with actual medication in the water.

At 3 weeks, you also still need to be careful to not give them super cold water, and, if you change their setup, you need to be sure that they are drinking and eating well.

Also. Not trying to be rude to the OP. But. Don’t ever dismiss anything that @R2elk chimes in with.
There is a great amount of knowledge there. Ask questions if you have them, but don’t be rude or you might not get the help that you need down the road...

There are a few of us around fairly often, and we have a range of experience. But. Personally. I always listen to what r2elk has to say and take it to heart. It’s saved me a lot of time, trouble, and heartache.

Back
Top Bottom