Turkey and guinea fowl with chickens?

I let my 7 chickens out of the coop/run to free range in the barn yard during the day,and when weather permits. at night I put the chickens back in the coop, my coop is 5'x6' with the run measuring 6'x 16' including under the raised coop. if I got guinea's should I keep them in the same coop at night? or should they be kept in there own place

Your coop is only big enough for the 7 chickens you now have. IMO, adding guineas to your existing set up would result in a lot of behavioral issues.

My turkeys will chase and harass chickens. They can be relentless. I once raised turkeys with some chicks, at sexual maturity the two turkeys which were both jakes killed a leghorn rooster by pecking his skull open in a dominance fight. All were free range so space wasn't an issue.

Turkeys will imprint on other species and will consider them the same as themselves. Raised by themselves they are still bullies and thugs, at least at my place they are, and can do a lot of damage to smaller birds like chickens and slower birds like ducks. I would never trust them to live with other poultry.

I let my 7 chickens out of the coop/run to free range in the barn yard during the day,and when weather permits. at night I put the chickens back in the coop, my coop is 5'x6' with the run measuring 6'x 16' including under the raised coop. if I got guinea's should I keep them in the same coop at night? or should they be kept in there own place

There are quiet a few cases of single or pair guinea fowl being with chickens and no issues. It really will come down to individuals and will require constant supervision during integration.

Back
Top Bottom