Turkey and guinea fowl with chickens?

I let my 7 chickens out of the coop/run to free range in the barn yard during the day,and when weather permits. at night I put the chickens back in the coop, my coop is 5'x6' with the run measuring 6'x 16' including under the raised coop. if I got guinea's should I keep them in the same coop at night? or should they be kept in there own place

I let my 7 chickens out of the coop/run to free range in the barn yard during the day,and when weather permits. at night I put the chickens back in the coop, my coop is 5'x6' with the run measuring 6'x 16' including under the raised coop. if I got guinea's should I keep them in the same coop at night? or should they be kept in there own place
In my opinion adding guineas to your existing flock and coop would be a mistake. Guineas need more "personal" space than chickens need.

I've had broodys raise keets fine.

my adult guineas did good till the female started laying and the males became mature.the males would latch on to the chickens tail and hold on as the chicken ran away squacking...ya not good.

freeranging they should be ok cause they would stick to their own groups.

as for the turkey though not a good idea with bantam chickens...

There are quiet a few cases of single or pair guinea fowl being with chickens and no issues. It really will come down to individuals and will require constant supervision during integration.

Your coop is only big enough for the 7 chickens you now have. IMO, adding guineas to your existing set up would result in a lot of behavioral issues.

Back
Top Bottom