Turkey Bacon...Its JUST Not Right!

Quote:
Usually bottled teriyaki or soy sauce
wink.png
. ever had plain geltin? tofu is like that, it tastes like whatever liquid you add to it, it can even be fried and stuffed like a pita.

Well, i'm in luck cause we have a few of those different flavored Kikoman sauces....
Maybe i'll get some this weekend and give it a try...
smile.png

The trick is to press the morning and marinade for an hour or so before dinner (I put an epmty plate over the tofu getting squeesed and put a large can of pineapple on top for the pressure, gravity does the work, I drink a smoothie).

Quote:
I miss the days of the old Radom Ramblings thread. Mike Rowe was a pretty hot topic there.

Yeah, i miss Mike...he ran off months ago. *broke out of my cellar..*
hit.gif

he didn't break out. That's all I'm gonna say.

I love turkey bacon! You have to get the right brand though. Anything other than Oscar Mayer tastes like cardboard at best.

Quote:
uhmm I went to a friends house who invited a bunch of people over for brunch, and we found ourselves in front of a table with turkey bacon, chicken burgers (which were more like cardboard) and poached eggs, which were nasty, ohh ya and chicken hot dogs....I only ate the chicken hot dogs, same with my kids and my dh, well he had a stomach ache the whole weekend after that.

When we left my dh said "If you EVER bring home turkey bacon, I will divorce you"

LMAO!!

I love my bacon, real bacon, crispy with my sunny side up eggs and toast....and burgers, well while some chicken burgers are really good I prefer mine made from cow!!

Ema

Quote:
Well, i'm in luck cause we have a few of those different flavored Kikoman sauces....
Maybe i'll get some this weekend and give it a try...
smile.png

The trick is to press the morning and marinade for an hour or so before dinner (I put an epmty plate over the tofu getting squeesed and put a large can of pineapple on top for the pressure, gravity does the work, I drink a smoothie).

Do you make your own tofu, I looked on youtube, and it showed an easy to do recipe.

Quote:
uhmm I went to a friends house who invited a bunch of people over for brunch, and we found ourselves in front of a table with turkey bacon, chicken burgers (which were more like cardboard) and poached eggs, which were nasty, ohh ya and chicken hot dogs....I only ate the chicken hot dogs, same with my kids and my dh, well he had a stomach ache the whole weekend after that.

When we left my dh said "If you EVER bring home turkey bacon, I will divorce you"

LMAO!!

I love my bacon, real bacon, crispy with my sunny side up eggs and toast....and burgers, well while some chicken burgers are really good I prefer mine made from cow!!

Ema

I hear ya, Ema...i hear ya...

Quote:

Do you make your own tofu, I looked on youtube, and it showed an easy to do recipe.

I don't. There is a little countertop tofu maker that you put in the beans and water (like a coffee machine with a built in grinder) and it does the rest. Since i'm in Ca, I can get fresh tofu at the little korean market the next town over. It's a bit like making tortillias, yes I can do it, but instead I buy it fresh locally. (when we move out of SoCal i'll most likely end up making both at home, but for right now the local shops are good).

Quote:

I don't. There is a little countertop tofu maker that you put in the beans and water (like a coffee machine with a built in grinder) and it does the rest. Since i'm in Ca, I can get fresh tofu at the little korean market the next town over. It's a bit like making tortillias, yes I can do it, but instead I buy it fresh locally. (when we move out of SoCal i'll most likely end up making both at home, but for right now the local shops are good).

Take advantage of what you have.

Back
Top Bottom