Turkey broken wing?

bigoakshomestead

In the Brooder
Dec 27, 2020
Is it possible that a turkey could get hurt coming down from roosting? I mean I have noticed my tom is dropping his left wing but the right one seems fine. He's not lethargic, he eats well and has tons of energy, he even struts and this morning he was mating one of the hens. No sign of wounds or blood, I just started noticing that he wasn't climbing the tree where they roost every night, and instead, he was sleeping on the shelter I built for them. I haven't had a predator issue, they are well protected by an electric fence and I have a camera on them 24/7. I also observed him today at dusk when they usually climb up the tree to roost and he tried a couple of times but he could not fly, not even to the first branch that is around 5 feet high. Any thoughts?

It looks kind of a little bit loose. I haven't handled it tho, but from just looking at it it seems if not broken at least dislocated.

Yes, I just did that today and I'm going to keep him inside the coop for at least 2 weeks while he heals. Hopefully it will and it will be less painful for him the recovery.

Back
Top Bottom