1. stephanie66

stephanie66 New Egg

Sep 6, 2015
    I am totally new to the life, I have 2 bronze turkeys , 2 peking ducks, 2 guiney's and 6 hens, can anyone give me some helpful hints, they are at 6 months now. I need info on how to do the coops for winter, how much food they should be eating, all are pets and I am most worried about my turkey's Titus and Giddion. We live in Mi . thanks ahead of time for any feedback

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    You could keep everyone together, but the turkeys may pick on your chickens too much, and the ducks will be a bit messy. I would feed an all flock type of ration so everyone can eat the same feed, some keep their feeders full, I put out as much as they will eat before bedtime, which I had to figure out.

In Michigan your going to need a fairly good sized coop to house them, good ventilation but not drafty, a run to go out in during nice days, or a place in front of the coop, I put hay down for them to stand on. South facing windows, and 2x4 roosts, my chickens prefer the 2 up, my turkeys the 4 up.

3. stephanie66

stephanie66 New Egg

Sep 6, 2015
    thank you, very helpful , I have 3 coops ducks have a small house, hens have their own and turkeys and guineas share a shed. they seem to be okay , but the cold has not really started yet. Wish me well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by