Turkey egg humidity??

BuffaloRidge

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 20, 2010
I just built an incubator with a hatching tray. I will be hatching eggs at different times. I have read that you need to increase humidity at hatch time.. Is there a happy meduim that I can set the humidity to and have good hatches?..

I don't know. I hope so. I can't get my incubator to stay higher then 60% no matter what I do. I can get it above that, but it doesn't stay there. It is staying in the high 50's. I am in lock down now. I am hoping that it is just a meter error.

I will watch this thread to see if you get any answers or I will post if/when my 2 eggs hatch or don't hatch.

you want to be in and or above 70 percent you can increase your surface area to get huniduty up buy placing sponges in water tray

I do staggered hatches of turkey and chicken eggs.

What I do is set eggs once a week. As each setting comes up on their final three days I run the humidity up to between 60-65% (I'm in Florida). When their time is done I run it back down to about 50% until the next setting comes up on their final three days. I'm using a Dickey cabinet and typically get hatch rates in excess of 90% for chickens and 85% for my Midget White turkeys.

Back
Top Bottom