Turkey eggs

minna

Songster
11 Years
Oct 15, 2008
Burnsville, MS
I have quite a few staggered hatches in my bator right now. About 4 different hatch dates. A friend of mine offered me 2 turkey eggs to try to hatch. Can I just add them to my bator and keep them with the chicken eggs only leave them 28 days instead of 21?

Quote:
That's what I'm doing with mine.
smile.png

I am doing the same also. I also have duck eggs in by incubator and I set them first. I then put the chicken eggs in on the 7th day so they would hatch around the same time. I do have a very important question though. I've read lots of books and went online looking for the proper humidity to keep my incubator at and I get two different answers. One says to incubate at 50 and raise to 60 for hatching the last 3 days and the other one says 84-86 and raise to 90. I use a national geographic temperature and humidity thermometre from walmart. Can anyone answer this question for me before I lose my hatch to too high of humidity.

Everyone is different. I used to incubate at around 40 and hatch around 60, with my dickey I incubate and hatch between 40-50 and it works great.

I've got turkey eggs due to hatch this weekend following a hatch of chicks that happened yesterday. I ran the bator at 30-40 prior to the chicks hatching, at hatch ran it up in the 50's, and then brought it back down with no apparent problem with the turkey eggs - candled and wiggling.

It appears to work that way. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom