minna

Songster
11 Years
Oct 15, 2008
Burnsville, MS
I have quite a few staggered hatches in my bator right now. About 4 different hatch dates. A friend of mine offered me 2 turkey eggs to try to hatch. Can I just add them to my bator and keep them with the chicken eggs only leave them 28 days instead of 21?

babbs

In the Brooder
12 Years
May 10, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
I am doing the same also. I also have duck eggs in by incubator and I set them first. I then put the chicken eggs in on the 7th day so they would hatch around the same time. I do have a very important question though. I've read lots of books and went online looking for the proper humidity to keep my incubator at and I get two different answers. One says to incubate at 50 and raise to 60 for hatching the last 3 days and the other one says 84-86 and raise to 90. I use a national geographic temperature and humidity thermometre from walmart. Can anyone answer this question for me before I lose my hatch to too high of humidity.

minna

Songster
11 Years
Oct 15, 2008
Burnsville, MS
Everyone is different. I used to incubate at around 40 and hatch around 60, with my dickey I incubate and hatch between 40-50 and it works great.

walkswithdog

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 17, 2008
DC Region
I've got turkey eggs due to hatch this weekend following a hatch of chicks that happened yesterday. I ran the bator at 30-40 prior to the chicks hatching, at hatch ran it up in the 50's, and then brought it back down with no apparent problem with the turkey eggs - candled and wiggling.

It appears to work that way. Good luck!

Top Bottom