Turkey hen acting weird?

Isyovi

Songster
Apr 13, 2020
The Netherlands
we just got our new turkeys today! We have a Narragansett tom and hen, they are about 2 years. We also have a black turkey that is around 7 months. They were introduced to each other about a week prior to today but i noticed something about the black hen. It looks like she wants to go underneath the tom or just be around him all the time, but he pecks her a lot. Is she just being submissive towards him? Is she avoiding his head because she gets pecked? Does someone recognise this behaviour because i am totally new to this :hmm

we just got our new turkeys today! We have a Narragansett tom and hen, they are about 2 years. We also have a black turkey that is around 7 months. They were introduced to each other about a week prior to today but i noticed something about the black hen. It looks like she wants to go underneath the tom or just be around him all the time, but he pecks her a lot. Is she just being submissive towards him? Is she avoiding his head because she gets pecked? Does someone recognise this behaviour because i am totally new to this :hmm
Sounds like she is submitting for breeding but the tom is saying it isn't the right time yet.

Back
Top Bottom