Turkey hen fights tom

Trey leo

In the Brooder
May 9, 2023
My heritage all white hen is attacking my Rio young tom they was raised together from poults she literally is falling over exhausted attacking him she just won't stop the other 2 hens have started attacking her aswell so I separated them last night what should I do?

Attachments

• 20231019_073333.jpg
    20231019_073333.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 30
  • 20231019_073354.jpg
    20231019_073354.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20231019_073421.jpg
    20231019_073421.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
My heritage all white hen is attacking my Rio young tom they was raised together from poults she literally is falling over exhausted attacking him she just won't stop the other 2 hens have started attacking her aswell so I separated them last night what should I do?
Gosh, it's been a few days and I'm sorry nobody responded. What's going on with them now? Separation for a few days is what I'd have suggested.

I don't have turkeys but I do have a hen that apparently thinks she's a rooster because she does that. Even mounts and pulls out their head feathers like a rooster would. I just let it go as it's not often, just shocking.

I separated them for the night but the next day I put them back together and let them work it out my hen was head of pecking order before now my tom has matured they only fought a little more and she gave in to him thank you for replying

Gosh, it's been a few days and I'm sorry nobody responded. What's going on with them now? Separation for a few days is what I'd have suggested.

I don't have turkeys but I do have a hen that apparently thinks she's a rooster because she does that. Even mounts and pulls out their head feathers like a rooster would. I just let it go as it's not often, just shocking.
This was also posted in another thread where advice to let them work it out on their own was given.

Turkeys are not like chickens. The more you interfere in their pecking order squabbles, the longer it takes them to get things settled.

It is extremely rare for turkeys to cause serious damage to each other during these pecking order fights.

Back
Top Bottom