turkey incubator

poultry-guy

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 7, 2014
I have some turkey and would like to buy a turkey incubator preferably automatic, should have room for the chicks to hatch not on turner. as I put eggs in at different times
thanks

Turkey eggs incubate in a regular incubator. Some brands, you can purchase an egg tray that has larger slots to fit turkey and duck eggs...some brands have adjustable slots and you just move them big enough to accommodate a row of turkey eggs. Chicken eggs can incubate at the same time, just add chicken eggs 7 days later and all go on lockdown at the same time.

problem is I can fit less than 400 eggs in it and if I wait too long the eggs get bad and my chickens are on and off

Just because you have a big capacity incubator, doesn't mean you have to fill every slot before you run it. We have four R-Com 20's, we candle at day 10 and once, after candling, only 2 eggs made it to lockdown. We had some friends with a 5 tray cabinet incubator and during the molt/cool season, they would run that big cabinet with only 1 partial tray of eggs because they didn't want to lose the eggs they had already collected.

Back
Top Bottom