Turkey is sneezing a lot, cause for concern?

Myah1011

Songster
Jun 26, 2023
My Royal palm Turkey who I believe is around 2 months has recently started sneezing, at first I thought it was because it recently introduced them to dirt and a bunch of new stuff instead of there everyday hay but now I’m worried that it may be something more serious, this has been going on for I think four days now and his Turkey companion hasn’t started sneezing a ton like them, it feels like every 15-30 seconds and then he sneezes again, should I be concerned about a possible respiratory infection, if so I already have VetRX, do you guys think that would be good, and how should I give him/her the medication, do I just syringe it?

Do you see any signs of respiratory issues?

I once had a young turkey start sneezing. Took me a while to realize it's the sound a tom makes when they are displaying. Is this a possible male?

If it's a true respiratory infection you may need to get antibiotics from a vet and treat it appropriately. I'm not familiar with vetrx, so not sure if that would be effective.

Besides the sneezing I don’t really see any other signs, they eat and drink good and they are still very lively but when I pick them up they start to sneeze more if that means anything, not sure if it was pure coincidence.

I’m also not sure what male Turkey display noises sound like so I can’t be sure but it looks like sneezing to me, he makes the head sneezing jerk whenever he does it so I’m assuming it’s a sneeze.

these are some videos I got sorry about the quality and I also got a picture of their fecal

Attachments

• IMG_3174.jpeg
    IMG_3174.jpeg
    702.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Okay hold on I uploaded a different video, so you guys hear ‘ see the sneezing now?
this is just a little sneeze but they sometimes have fits of them

am I just overthinking things? This is my first time owning turkeys So I’m sorry if I am

i also took away the original video links since they weren’t helpful

Last edited:
I guess I wouldn't worry unless you are seeing other symptoms. Definitely keep an eye on it, but an occasional sneeze generally is nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom